Advanced Executive Safety Training
Students who have seen the difference training can make firsthand through participation in the Certified Occupational Safety Specialist® (COSS) program can take the next logical step in their careers with the certified occupational safety manager (COSM) designation. COSM for occupational safety managers is an advanced, executive-level safety program consisting of 40 hours of specialized training.
After completing 40 hours of training and meeting the prerequisites outlined below, participants will receive the COSM credential.
The University of Delaware partners with the Delaware Valley Safety Council to offer this program to occupational safety managers.
In order to receive the final COSM certificate, you must meet the following criteria:
- Complete 40 hours of training
- Turn in all completed assignments
- Have a minimum of two years of safety, health or environmental work experience
- Essentials of Safety Management
- Competencies of Safety
- Leadership in Safety
- Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success
- Program Evaluation
- Strategic Planning for Safety
- Managing Risk & Safety Finances
- Technical Aspects of Managing Risks
- Financial Aspects of Managing Risks
- Communicating the Safety Message
- Defining the Safety Message
- Communication Methods
- Presenting to High-Level Executives
- Injury Management, Incentives & Discipline
- Discipline, Recognition & Incentives
- Claims & Post-Accident Management
On-site class format — Newark, Delaware
In-person COSM courses are offered at the University of Delaware Professional and Continuing Studies classroom at 501 South College Avenue, Newark, DE. On-site classes meet for one full week, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. The COSM certification exam is administered on the final day of class.
On-site participation guidelines — This on-site program follows UD health protocols designated for UD events, no matter the location on or off campus. Full vaccination continues to be encouraged for all participants. Guidelines are subject to change in accordance with UD health guidelines in effect at the time of this program’s start date. For details, visit https://www.udel.edu/home/coronavirus/.
Registration and fees
ON-SITE, NEWARK, DE – Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers (COSM)
SCHEDULE: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m (Eastern)
LOCATION: UD Professional & Continuing Studies, 501 South College Ave., Newark, DE
REGISTRATION COST: $2,749, all course materials included. Lunch is included on Friday.
- Next offering: details coming soon
- REGISTER NOW (on-site class)
- UD alumni discount or military discount is available, representing a 15% discount when enrolling in this program.
- GBCA (General Building Contractors Association, Inc.) members receive a 15% discount.
- Only one discount may be applied per enrollment.
- To apply discounts, contact Delaware Valley Safety Council directly at 1-856-558-8797 or email@example.com.
Registration for online offerings is no longer available on this site. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional safety training programs:
- Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Course
- SAF Frontline Safety Training (formerly called Safe Supervisor)
- back to Occupational Safety Training home
For More Information