Explore the powerful and versatile concept of project management
- Lunchtime program designed for UD employees*
- Lessons applicable to all work environments
- 10-week live-online course — Returning in fall 2021
- $1,095 value for $395
Use your lunch break to acquire a skill that will provide a long-term benefit by taking Introduction to Project Management for UD Employees. Our unique, 15-hour introductory course designed for UD employees* explores the powerful and versatile concept of project management. Transferable to all work environments, the lessons can be applied and used to manage any project, no matter how simple or complex it may be.
The class covers the integration of project management processes with the global standards of the Project Management Institute®, PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition. Upon completion, you will be able to apply effective project management approaches to align the project lifecycle to any organization’s strategic plans.
*All benefited University of Delaware employees, as well as their spouses and dependents eligible for course fee waivers, are welcome to enroll.
Glenn Kmecz is a registered professional engineer (PE) and a certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Kmecz received both his B.S. and M.S. degrees in mechanical engineering from the University of Missouri and recently completed a 40-year career with DuPont. As the engineering director for one of the company’s business units, he was responsible for the development and management of its strategic capital investment portfolio. During his career, he managed several large projects in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Kmecz, who teaches project management at several institutions, served as the director of education for the Project Management Institute-Delaware Valley Chapter (PMI-DVC). He started his own consulting firm, Sustainable Project Solutions, in 2013 and has provided project management consultation for numerous multinational companies. His volunteer activities include leadership positions with the Boy Scouts of America and Junior Achievement of Delaware.
Module 1 – Project Management Framework, Initiating and Planning
- Introduction and course overview
- Standards for project management
- Identifying the constraints and success of projects
- Project management processes and lifecycles
- Project management knowledge areas
- Defining organizations
- Initiating a project
- Developing a project management plan
- Scope management and deliverables
- Developing a communication plan
- Risk management
Module 2 – Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing a Project
- Work breakdown structure
- Schedule management and development
- Earned value analysis and forecasting
- Managing project changes
- Quality management
- Leadership and team management
- Procurement management
- Closing the project or phase
Power Up Your Career free online seminars
- Hear from industry insiders about their field
- Industries represented — Healthcare | Legal | Fintech (financial technology)
- Networking, live-online Q&A
- Learn more or RSVP now!